After growing concern about the situation in local care homes, Jack Dromey MP has written to all 47 Erdington care homes to find out how they are coping under the pressure of COVID-19.
In the letter, Jack asks the care homes 5 questions, they are:
- Have you had cases of Coronavirus, either confirmed or suspected? If so, how many?
- Do you have any staff who are having to self-isolate or shield due to Coronavirus? If so, how many and what impact is this having on your care home?
- Do you have sufficient personal protective equipment for your staff to use? Is the supply chain operating correctly and are you getting new deliveries of PPE as and when needed?
- Have you been offered any support with testing or any indication that your staff are going to be tested?
- Do you have any other issues you would like to raise with me?
You can read the full letter below: