When it comes to your Toyota, resetting your Toyota Entune system needs to be one less thing to worry about. If you’re a self-acclaimed technician, then figuring how to reset Toyota Entune system will be a walk in the park.
There are many great advantages to the Entune system, including easier navigation, easier access to your GPS, easier access to your music playlist, and easier access overall.
The system was designed to allow you to have a safe and smoother drive. The easy step-by-step guide will assist you in resetting your Entune system in your current Toyota, or in your new Toyota.
What is an Entune System?
An Entune system is an infotainment system that can be installed into your current Toyota vehicle, or your new Toyota vehicle.
This system consists of a variety of tools, features, and applications that allows you to have easy access and connectivity to the range of available features while driving.
Access to the Entune system can easily be obtained through the touch screen design of the system that can be found inside your Toyota.
In order to achieve this convenience, the Entune system pairs with your smartphone devices by using the Entune App Suite that can be downloaded for BlackBerry, Android, and Apple smartphone devices.
This App Suite helps you to transfer your music, GPS navigation, weather information, local news, traffic news, and many more from your smartphone devices to your Entune monitor.
The Entune system is suitable for Android, BlackBerry, and Apple devices. The Entune app makes use of your existing personal data and previous search history, therefore saving you on any additional subscription fees.
What are the benefits of using the Entune system?
When using the new Entune system, driving in your new Toyota is smoother. The system allows for an overall better connection between devices and systems.
The new tools built into the Entune system allow you to communicate better, select your favorite music playlist, and answer calls while driving.
This system is easy to use, easy to connect, and easy to navigate, you don’t need to be a tech guru to figure it out.
How Do I Know If It’s Time To Upgrade My Toyota Entune System?
When it comes to upgrading your Toyota Entune system, there are a few things to look out for when the time is drawing near for an upgrade. Firstly, consider the model vehicle you have.
At times the functioning of the Entune system is dependent on whether there are any system upgrades or not.
Often times upgrades of the system aren’t compatible with your current vehicle model. This is due to the changes in features and design.
Secondly, you know it’s time for an upgrade when you find that you need more from your infotainment system.
For example, if you need an improved navigation system, then upgrading to the latest Entune system will be beneficial for you and offer you a better driving experience.
Easy Steps of How To Reset Toyota Entune System
- Disconnect and remove your smartphone devices from your vehicle’s Bluetooth connection
- Disconnect and remove your vehicle’s Bluetooth connection from your smartphone devices
- Press and hold down the power button. This will automatically restart the audio system
- Once the audio system is on again, select the “Setup” option
- Then click “General”
- Scroll down and select the “Delete Personal Data” option and click “Delete”. Keep in mind that this will remove all your personal and stored data on the system
- Once all data is successfully deleted, complete the pairing process from your smartphone devices to your vehicle and from your vehicle to your smartphone devices
Steps of How To Factory Reset Toyota Entune
- Select the Apps button, then select the Setup option
- Once you’re on the Setup page, then select General
- Select the option that says Delete Personal Data. If this option isn’t available on the screen, scroll further down
- Select the option Delete
- To confirm your Toyota Entune rest, select the option Yes.
- You have now successfully performed a factory reset on your Toyota Entune system
How to Activate a Toyota Entune System
- Ensure that your Toyota has the necessary systems and capabilities for the Toyota Entune system.
- If your Toyota is compatible with the Entune System, then download the necessary apps on your smartphone devices
- Go to the Toyota’s owners page https://www.toyota.com/owners and select the “Join Now” option in the top right corner
- Complete the registration information as required and select the “Create Account” option
- You will receive an activation link via email. Once you’ve received it, follow the link to activate your Toyota owner’s account.
- Sign in using your email and password and select “Let’s Go”
- When you’re logged in, enter the VIN for your Toyota and click “Submit”
- Fill in your zip code and choose your preferred vehicle service dealer and press “Add Vehicle”
- Follow the next page and click “Enroll”
- All the services applicable to your vehicle will be available for you to see
- You can review the opt-ins and select “Continue”
- Complete your contact information and press “Confirm Order”
- To view the Terms and Conditions, select “Read Here”. Once you’ve read all the Terms and Conditions and are happy, click the box under “Authorize” and click “Submit”
- If your vehicle comes with the remote connect function, then the next screen will show you the authorized user. Press “Submit” to receive an email confirmation and authorization code. Enter this code into your Toyota Entune system to activate the features
Features Of Toyota Entune System
At first look, it looks like every other Entune system. What makes the Toyota Entune system so unique are there amazing features.
It is designed with four buttons on each side of the monitor screen. Menu, Home, Info, and Audio are found on the left side of the screen, and Apps, Seek, Phone, and Track can be found on the right side of the screen.
These buttons are tactile and large, making it easier for you to use while driving.
The 7-inch touchscreen makes it easy for you to view. It comes with a USB port, voice recognition, Bluetooth music streaming, and a hands-free capability.
These features are designed to ensure ease of use while driving.
The Entune system also comes with a built-in Safety Connect that’s valid for three years from the date of purchase.
This feature will notify a response agent in a case that you were involved in an accident. The agent will then communicate with you directly through the Entune system.
This was designed to allow drivers to have access to the internet while they drive
Entune App Suite
This was designed to give drivers a variety of apps to select from
This feature paired with the Wi-Fi feature makes exploring easy and hands-free
This feature allows drivers to connect their smartphone devices to enjoy unlimited hands-free options. learn here how to do that.
This can now be enjoyed by drivers thanks to the Bluetooth connectivity feature that allows drivers to navigate streaming hands-free
Remote Car Controls
This is a great feature for drivers to communicate with their car’s system
Paired with the remote car control feature, drivers can now stay safe at all times and alert emergency services in the case of an accident or emergency
The navigation system is called Scout GPS Link. This isn’t too different from the regular GPS system; however, there are great improvements with the Scout GPS Link. It keeps drivers up to date with the latest traffic information and updates
The Importance of Resetting the Toyota Entune System
If you’re having trouble with your Entune system, it’s advisable to do a reset. The importance of the reset would be to remove any data that might be causing issues with your Entune system.
This can easily be fixed by doing a factory restart to restore the default settings and will allow you to reset your system according to your driving needs.
Tips for Maintaining your Toyota Entune System
In order to keep your Entune system functioning at its best, it’s important to do regular check-ups. Below are some tips for keeping your Entune system in good condition.
- Ensure your Entune system is updated to the lasts version
- Always make sure your Entune system is compatible with your Toyota vehicle model
- Ensure that your Entune App Suite on your smartphone is always updated to the latest version
- Make sure that your smartphone and Entune system is connected at all times
- If you’re unsure about changes on your Entune system, call a Toyota specialist
- Keep up to date with the latest news about your Entune system to make sure you are aware of any upcoming changes or upgrades to the system
Common Problems and Solutions for The Toyota Entune System
There are a few common problems when it comes to the Toyota Entune system. However, no need to panic as there are solutions for these problems to ensure the smooth operation of your system.
The most common problem is the Bluetooth of the Entune system that tends to disconnect from your smartphone device from time to time. When this problem occurs, check your Bluetooth settings on your Entune system by going to “Menu”, “Setup”, “Bluetooth”, “Detailed Settings”, and then you will need to verify that your Bluetooth connectivity is on.
You also need to ensure to check the Bluetooth on your smartphone device. Check to see if your Bluetooth connectivity is turned on by following the simple settings on your smartphone device. If the problem still persists, perform a factory restart by disconnecting your smartphone from your system and the system from the phone. Restart, and repair your smartphone to your system and your system to your smartphone.
Navigation on the Entune system tends to malfunction by loading and restarting. When this does happen, know that it’s a manufacturing defect and can be solved by taking it to one of your closest dealers to get the system updated.
Entune App Suite
It’s important to always keep your Entune App suite up to date and connected with your phone. If you encounter a problem with the connection, you can check your smartphone for available updates or you can perform a factory restart and reconnect. If you can’t troubleshoot it, then call your nearest dealer for further assistance.
Smartphone operating system updates
As soon as your smartphone runs an operating system update, the chances of the Entune system is likely to disconnect as a result of this system update. The Entune system app automatically becomes incompatible with your smartphone device and therefore requires a reconnection so they can be compatible with one another. It automatically makes the app incompatible with your smartphone.
In order to fix this problem, you’ll have to follow the settings on your smartphone. You will have to open the Entune App Suite on your smartphone and reconnect with the Entune system.
Toyota Entune 3.0 Problems
The Entune 3.0 tends to disconnect from your smartphone device from time to time. If this problem occurs, check your Bluetooth settings on your Entune system by going to “Menu”, “Setup”, “Bluetooth”, “Detailed Settings”, and then you will need to verify that your Bluetooth connectivity is on.
Secondly, you need to make sure that your smartphone’s Bluetooth connectivity is turned on. You can follow the steps in your settings.
If the problem still persists, perform a factory restart by disconnecting your smartphone from your system and the system from the phone. Restart, and repair your smartphone to your system and your system to your smartphone.
Entune 3.0 has trouble connecting to the USB to the iPhone iOS 11 and higher. This problem affects the GPS link and unfortunately, cannot be fixed. Toyota is currently working on this problem as it’s considered one of the common problems with the Entune 3.0 system.
Updating your Smartphone operating system stops Scout GPS Link from working
This is another common problem found with Entune 3.0. As a result of your smartphone running a system update, it automatically makes the Scout GPS Link app incompatible with your smartphone.
In order to fix this problem, you’ll have to follow the settings on your smartphone. You will have to open the Entune 3.0 App Suite on your smartphone and allow it to run while your vehicle is on. This is the only way you’ll be able to continue using the Scout GPS Link app on your Entune 3.0 system.
The Bluetooth disconnects from smartphone devices. A solution for this is to run a factory reset on your Entune system by disconnecting your smartphone from your system and the system from the phone. Restart, and repair your smartphone to tour system and your system to your smartphone.
FAQ’s About How To Reset Toyota Entune System
01. Why has my Toyota Entune system stopped working?
There are many reasons why the Toyota Entune system has just stopped working. This could result from a disconnection between your smartphone and the system or the other way around. No need to worry, there are troubleshooting guides to help you fix these problems.
02. Why do I need a Toyota Entune system?
The Toyota Entune system is a standard vehicle infotainment system that allows drivers and passengers to stay connected at all times. This is every driver’s best driving companion.
03. What is the Toyota Entune App used for?
The Toyota Entune App Suite can be used to connect your smartphone’s data to your vehicle’s system. This App provides your vehicle’s system with relevant information like GPS navigation, your phonebook, news updates, important due dates and deadlines, weather updates, your favorite music playlist or radio station, all with just a few buttons. This app can be used to communicate relevant information to your smartphone devices or vehicle system while driving.
04. Which vehicle models are compatible with the Toyota Entune system?
Android Auto and Apple CarPlay is available with some Toyota 2020 vehicle models like C-HR, Sequoia, Tacoma, 4Runner, Tundra, Corolla Hatchback, RAV4, Camry, and the Highlander. If you want to know if your Toyota model is compatible with the Entune system, then it would be best to find out by your nearest Toyota dealership.
05. How Many Updates Does The Toyota Entune Have?
Toyota Entune has three variations, including Entune Audio, Entune Premium Audio with Navigation and App Suite, and Entune Audio Plus.
Entune Audio is designed with connected navigation that requires the use of your smartphone devices. It has a seven-inch touchscreen, making all your options easier to see.
Entune Audio Plus differs slightly with features compared to the basic entry-level Entune Audi. It includes extra features such as navigation apps, satellite radio, and a JBL audio system.
The touchscreen of this model is slightly bigger than the Entune Audio at eight inches.
Entune Audio Premium with Navigation and App Suite is the highest upgrade model out of the lot.
This audio system comes with even more amazing features including an additional Entune App Suite that makes your connectivity so much easier. The JBL audio system that comes with this Entune system has 10 speakers.
The built-in navigation system takes your driving experience to a whole new level.
There’s no better addition than this! With the Toyota Entune system, your vehicle always has the best connection and is more advanced than it was before.
The new features and upgrades of the Entune system allows you to have better communication, navigation, and enjoy your favorite music playlists, without compromising your safety while driving.
The Toyota Entune system is easy to use, with its simple buttons and features, you can never go wrong.
You’ll never be left behind because the Entune system retrieves your existing personal data stored on your smartphone to make searching and navigation on the system easier.