There are people who love riding bikes and bicycles and then there are areas that are best for riding. Imagine being on an empty road with beautiful forest on the sides and a cool breeze blowing. And then there are you riding your bike on that road and enjoying the surroundings. If you do not live in such a place, you can travel there. But what about your bike? You can take it with you.
You can get a bike carrier, attach it to your car and hang your bike there. Thus, you will be able to take your bike anywhere you want. However, when you go to buy the carrier, you will find a number of choices there. So which one will you choose? The choice will be difficult, therefore, we are shortening the list for you.
Top Bike Carrier Racks for Your Vehicle
1. BougeRV Hitch Bike Rack
The first product that we have here is offering a wide use. You must have read the word “rack”, right? It has this name because of the option of carrying 4 bikes at a time. Therefore, it is best for a family car or if you are going out with your friends. It offers 4 cradles with anti-sway technology and rubber protection. Thus, they won’t do any harm to your bike. Furthermore, the ratchet straps will double the protection.
Assembling the parts and setting them up is quite easy. Furthermore, you can also lock the rack to your car by just tightening the knob. It will protect it against thieves. You can unlock the knob with a key. So if you have the key, no one will be able to remove it. Furthermore, the rack is strong enough to bear a total of 165 pounds of weight.
There is a pin in the back of the rack. This pin allows you to set up the position of the rack. If you are done using it, you can remove the pin to fold the rack. Thus, it will be easier to store without removing it from your car. Ultimately, less effort and better results. In addition to this, you will also get a 12 months warranty for every single piece. A good deal, right?
2. AA products – Bike rack platform
Here we have another rack but it is suitable for two bikes. You will get all the parts in the package, assemble them and you are ready to go. It offers quick and easy assembling. So you won’t face any issues. In addition to this, you will also get two rubber straps. These straps will keep the bike in place and won’t let it collide with the car.
It is made of steel tubing that provides enough strength to carry the bike. It can lift a weight up to 80 lbs. Furthermore, the steel is powder-coated which makes it look good. So you get both design, appearance and strength.
In addition to this, it also offers a foldable feature. So you can store it safely when not in use. Or you can fold the arms downward after use.
3. Thule EasyFold XT 2 Hitch Bike Rack
This Thule XT 2 is offering a premium quality bike rack, especially for e-bikes. So if you love your bike too much and cannot stand watching it hanging on the rack, you can buy this stand. It offers a platform with straps. You can keep your bike standing on the carrier and tighten the straps.
In addition to this, it offers a quick and easy installation. Therefore, you can do it by yourself. Furthermore, it offers easy trunk access. So you can fold it and keep it in the trunk of your car. No need to leave it hanging outside.
In addition to this, it is easy to carry around as it comes with a handle and transport wheels. Thus, easy access.
Before buying the bike carrier, you need to make sure that it is worth the price. Furthermore, it should be safe for both your vehicles (car and bike). So we are providing you with the buyer’s guide that will help you out with your selection.
1. Lightweight yet sturdy
The carrier should be lightweight. If it is too heavy, it is likely to cause damage to your car. In addition to this, you need to make your bike stand on it. If the carrier itself is too heavy and then there will be the weight of the bike, the overall weight will increase.
However, being lightweight does not mean a fragile stand. It should be tough enough to bear the weight of the bike and support it.
2. Ease of use
First of all, the assembling of the carrier should be easy. If the process of setting it up is too complex, you might rather leave it. Secondly, it should be foldable. If you often go to some remote place for bike riding, you would like the carrier to remain attached to your car. It will be easier this way.
However, if the carrier is not compact and foldable, it will create a problem when you are on road. Furthermore, it won’t look nice. Therefore, you should get a carrier that is foldable.
This is the most important thing to have with every product that you buy from the market. A warranty and guarantee from the supplier and manufacturer show their confidence in their product. Therefore, you can buy it without any worry.
However, if there is no warranty, it means that no one will take the blame if it gets damaged. And a damaged bike carrier won’t only cause a single loss. It will also damage your bike and your car. In the worst case, it can also lead to a road accident. Therefore, with choosing a bike carrier, you need to look for the best quality and most durable product. And the only way to check the quality is by checking the warranty card.
Check out some other picks from Amazon also:
- Versatile design fits nearly all styles of bikes up to 60 lbs each with zero frame contact
- Integrated wheels help to maneuver the rack when it's off the vehicle
- The HitchSwitch lever allows you to tilt the rack down for rear vehicle access or tilt it up when not in use
- Fits 20 - 29" wheels and up to 5" tires without adapters, making it ideal for carbon frames, mountain, downhill, or fat bikes
- Integrated cable locks secure bikes to the rack and locking knob locks the rack to the hitch receiver
- Patented design fits sedans, hatchbacks, minivans, and SUV's consult manufacturer web site for specific vehicle fit information
- Side straps for increased lateral stability. Single configuration design eliminates setup hassles and headaches during installation
- Individual tie downs secure and protect bicycles
- Padded lower frame keeps bicycles away from vehicle
- Ships in certified frustration free packaging 70 pounds max capacity
- EASY TO ASSEMBLE: The UPRIGHT roof rack installs in minutes following the instructions and carries one bike with no wheel removal necessary
- VERSATILE: This rack fits square, round and oval bars up to 3" wide and multiple units can be used on a single vehicle. Maximum weight capacity of...
- SLEEK DESIGN: The minimalistic and sleek design looks great on any vehicle. It is made from sturdy plastic and steel and only weighs 5Ibs.
- WORRY FREE SECURITY: With tie down straps for wheels and locking feature included you will have peace of mind knowing your bike is secured to the rack...
- Heavy duty steel construction.2.5mm carry arm tube max load to 80LB
- Folding carry arm design allows the rack’s arms to be folded up quickly when bike racks not in use
- Adjustable mounting saddles.Please ensure mounting saddles is tightened enough
- Convenient access to rear of vehicle with easy-to-use tilt-down feature
- Fits for vehicle's standard 2 inch trailer hitch. Include 1 x straps, recommend to use the straps to stabilize.
- BONES EX: Lightweight at 11 lbs; strongest frame on the market, arc–based design separates bikes on different levels
- COMPATIBILITY: Fits 90% of the top vehicles sold, including those with spoilers; has the largest vehicle compatibility of any trunk rack on the market
- CAPACITY: Carries 2 bikes (35lb/bike) premium bike hold downs that are easy to use and quick to load
- STRONG & RUST FREE: Injection-molded arms and legs keep the rack solid for years to come; rubber feet articulate to protect paint
- CLEAN, SLEEK LOOK: Best-in-class ratchet straps speedily fasten bike to the rack, integrated strap management caps hideaway strap excess
- FIT FOR ALL: Kids' bikes. Step-thru frames. Tri-bikes. Small recumbents. The list goes on. Basically, if you've got it, chances are the Freedom can...
- RACKET STRAPS: Easy and adjustable to keep any size bike secure
- UNIVERSAL HITCH: Fits 1 ¼" and 2" hitches
- WHEELBASE: This rack fits a wheelbase up to 48" right out of the box. If your bike has a longer wheel base, you will need our long wheelbase bar
- FEATURES: Protective rubber holders adjust to fit any frame
- 2 Bike Capacity---The Bicycle rack fits vehicles with 2 inch hitch receivers,the frame is adjustable to fit different bike frame size,allow you to...
- Folding Carry Arms---Hassle-free use,swing arms can be folded down out of the way when not in use to bring more convenience .You are able to transport...
- Durable Construction---Our bike carrier is constructed with premium heavy-duty iron with powder coating to prevent bicycle scratches and withstand the...
- Anti Sway Design---Come with no-wobble hitch tightener to prevent wobbling or banging even if you are driving in a bumpy road,keeping your bikes safe...
- Easy Tilt-down Access---Easy operating saety pin allows tilt down feature.Users can open the car rear gates easily when the bike rack is in place on...
- The Tow Tuff Cargo Carrier measures 27” x 62” x 3” deep, giving you plenty of room to take care of your various hauling needs
- With a total weight capacity of 500 lbs., this Tow Tuff product can hold large loads. Constructed of heavy-duty steel for a durable product
- The unique design allows this 2-in-1 carrier to function as a cargo carrier or as a bike rack by simply removing the pins to turn the bike rack into a...
- When using as a bike rack, the adjustable wheel holder and tie-down holes secure the bike(s) in place. The wheel cradles fit most bikes and holds up...
- Includes a tie-down strap; 1 year limited Manufacturer's parts warranty